POPULAR Online Services



Monument Park

In 1908, President William Howard Taft signed a bill that allowed for the building of aMonument-2.jpg monument in Fort Recovery. The monument was built in 1912 and dedicated on July 1, 1913. The obelisk stands at 101', 4" tall. It weighs approximately 800 tons and cost $23,700 to build. The nine foot statue depicts a frontiersman facing west and looking out at the beautiful land into which he triumphed. Underneath the base of the monument are the remains of those people killed under the commands of Arthur St. Clair and Anthony Wayne. 32 medallions surround the base of the monument, each inscribed with the name of an officer killed in battle here. Four bronze plaques also surround the base of the monument. photo-1.JPG

To this day, each Memorial Day weekend, over 900 crosses are placed in Monument Park in remembrance of the fallen soldiers.

The park is located at the corner of OH-49 and OH-119.

In 2016, a new monument was erected on the east side of Monument Park. The names of several hundred service men and women from all branches of military are engraved in stainless steal walls that are secured with white concrete pillars which are enhanced with medallions. 


Public Notice

The Village of Fort Recovery has prepared a list of estimated assessments for sidewalks and curbing for those owning property along William Street.

The list is on file with the Clerk of Council and is available for inspection at the Village’s Administrative Office during normal business hours.

For more information, please contact Roberta Staugler, 201 S. Main St., Fort Recovery, Ohio 45846;; (419) 375-2530.

Pavilion at Community Park

Add your Legacy to the Pavilion with a one-time chance to purchase Naming Rights or a paver to the patio!

Click here for more information!





Enter search words

Follow Us