POPULAR Online Services



Village of Fort Recovery

Income Tax Department

Amanda Wyerick, Tax Administrator

201 S Main Street | PO Box 459

Fort Recovery, OH 45846-0459

(419)375-4580 - Phone

(419)375-4709 - Fax

General Filling Information:

Filing Date

The filing date is April 15th for all taxpayers except fiscal year accounts or taxpayers on federal extension. However for tax year 2016 the filing date will be Tuesday, April 17, 2018. This is due to the observation of Emancipation Day in the District of Columbia.

Any taxpayer who has requested an extension for filing their Federal income tax return shall automatically receive the same extension for the filing of the Village tax return. Taxpayers who have not received or requested a Federal extension may request an extension from the Income Tax Department provided the request is received before the original due date of the return and their account is current. An extension of time to file is NOT an extension of the time to pay any tax due.

The income tax rate for the Village of Fort Recovery is 1.0%.


90% of tax is due by December 15th of the tax year. The remaining 10% is due on the filing deadline. Late payment may result in penalty and interest being applied.

Published Interest Rate:

Ohio Revised Code 718.27 requires the Tax Administrator to publish, by October 31st, the established interest rate for tax underpayments based on the Federal short-term rate that will apply during the next calendar year. Interest shall be imposed per annum, on all unpaid income tax, unpaid estimated income tax and unpaid withholding tax. The interest rate used shall be the Federal short-term rate (rounded to the nearest whole number percent) plus five percent (5%). The rate shall apply for the calendar year next following the July of the year in which the Federal short-term rate is determined.

Note: Interest applies to any balance of tax due that is not paid by the due date of a return, even if the return is filed under extension.

Interest Rate

2016 - 5% per annum (0.42%/month)

2017 - 6% per annum (0.50%/month)

2018 - 6% per annum (0.50%/month)

*The interest rate is calculated using the federal short-term rate rounded to the nearest whole percent plus five percent and is published by October 31st of each year for the calendar year following when the federal short-term rate is determined.

(Source: ORC 718.27)

Municipal income tax is paid first to the city where work is performed or income is earned. Taxpayers may also have an additional tax liability to their city of residence based on how much credit the home city allows for taxes paid to where you work or earn your income.

Do I need to file?

You only need to file if any of the following apply:

1.) You filed and paid the previous tax year. A final return is required to inactivate a tax account if you are no longer required to file.

2.) You are a resident of Fort Recovery and are not exempt from paying the tax. If you are exempt because you are under the age of 18 or only received pension income or military pay, please contact our office and request a filing exemption.

3.) You earned income in Fort Recovery and was not fully/correctly withheld. (Multiply the largest wage figure shown on your W2 in Box 5 or 18 by 1%. If the withholding is correct, your result should equal the withholding shown in Box 19 of your W2.

4.) You are a resident of Fort Recovery and engaged in a business or profession, including rental real estate, whether the business showed a profit or a loss.

5.) You are a resident of Fort Recovery and your credit for taxes paid to your city of employement (or Indiana County of employement) does not equal the tax due to Fort Recovery.

6.) You were not a resident of Fort Recovery but you engaged in a business or profession in Fort Recovery whether the business showed a profit or loss.

Application for Bids



Specifications (PDF)

Quote Sheet (PDF)

Applications for Employment

Park Maintenance

Pool Lifeguards/Manager

Pavilion at Community Park

Add your Legacy to the Pavilion with a one-time chance to purchase Naming Rights or a paver to the patio!

Click here for more information!





Enter search words

Follow Us